Welcome to the Richmond Public Schools Exceptional Education Parent Resource Center!
Parent Resource Liaison - Employment Opportunity (temporary position closes May 22, 2014)
-Obtaining Success in the Least Restrictive Environment
The Center Provides:
- Direct assistance to parents - listening, giving information, providing resources, problem solving to enable parents to make informed decisions.
- Training workshops for parents, educators and members of the community , promoting active parent involvement and parent/professional partnerships.
- Support and guidance in organizing and/or facilitating parent-to-parent support groups.
- Coordination of surrogate parent training.
- Publication of newsletters and resource information.
- Representaton on interagency committees and councils. The staff also serves as consultants to the Special Education Advisory Committee.
Exceptional education staff will partner with families to enhance understanding of the special education process and address questions or concerns.